Sunday, April 26, 2009

Big Week






It was a big week for Mia. Both Mamaw and Granny came and visited her at daycare. Mia loves when her grandparents visit, so she was super happy! Maybe their visits have helped make her more comfortable there, because for the first time, this week she did not cry when the "look-alike" (not really) mom came to get her child. 

On Friday, I took Mia up to MODA to have dinner with Daddy. She was so tired that we had to leave right after she ate. She's definitely gotten more used to her new room, but the increased activity continues to wear her out. 

On Saturday I worked the store while Mike went on a bachelor party. After work, Missy, Kim and Missi came up and we went to Macca's for dinner. Mom and Bruce kept Mia, which was great for Mia because cousin Cara was there too! Unfortunately, Mia took a spill and fell face-first onto the concrete steps outside. She scraped up her nose, cheek and forehead. Although it looks painful, she has not exhibited any signs she even notices it. It will certainly make her baptism pictures more memorable!

Today Mia was baptized into the Catholic church. It was a wonderful day. She woke up so happy and giggly, and we got to play a lot throughout the morning. She was so excited to see all her grandparents at church. Every time I turned around, I would see all of them making faces at her and waving to her. She just smiled and laughed at those silly grands! She got tired as the ceremony went on and fussed a few times, but overall she was very sweet and cuddly. Aunt Missy and Uncle Paul honored us by agreeing to be Mia's godparents, and did fabulous jobs putting on the white garment and lighting the baptismal candle. ;-) Aunt Kelly and Danny, Uncle Matt, Aunt Ronie and Uncle Dawson also came to celebrate Mia's big day with us. 

Afterward, we came back to our house and Mia immediately crashed. Uncle Charlie, Margo, Grant and Macee joined us for lunch. We all hung out for the afternoon and had a wonderful time. Mia and Cara took the riding toys onto the deck and we got a kick out of watching them play together. Uncle Charlie took lots of great pictures that I'll post when I can, but here are some of the ones Uncle Matt took of the baptism. I'll also post a pic of Mia's poor little nose.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I look like I am doing a Paris Hilton pose.

USAIDAddress Unknown said...

Yeah Mia! :)