Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Note from Mommy

Mia Marie,

I sit here at work thinking about you. I think about your bright, toothy smile that gives me butterflies. I think about your high-pitched baby laugh that makes me laugh out loud in response. I think about your tiny hands that stroke my hair as you fall asleep at night. I think about your dimpled arms that you wrap around my neck for comfort. I think about your sweet baby smell that I drink in as I hold you each night. I think about your adorable, self-assured waddle as you push your toys around the living room. I think about your adventurous spirit that has you pointing to everything around us, and laughing as you slide head-first off the couch. I think about your patience and determination that keep you calm and focused as you attempt new tasks. I think about your outgoing nature that warms and infects everyone around you. I think about your baby voice that you love to hear in varying octaves, laughing at your own little “jokes”. I think about bath time, when I read you stories and we play with toys. I think about how you love to “read” books and “talk” to your toys. I think about how scared I’ve been when you’ve been sick lately. I think about how you no longer look like a baby, but are turning into a little girl. I think about how happy you are to see me when you wake up in the morning. I think about how you kick your legs in excitement when you see the Cheerios box.

I think about you nearly every moment of every day and it hurts to be away from you. But missing you so much makes my time with you a gift I treasure with all my heart. I cannot imagine my world without you and I am so blessed to be your Mommy.

Love, Mommy

No comments: