Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Nah Nah

After our initial rough start, Mia settled down and had a wonderful week. I had no problems getting her to bed the rest of the week and we played a lot when I got home from work each night. Last week she developed a passion for being tickled. She now crawls up to me and then rolls over on her back, smiling and putting her arms over her head. That’s my cue to tickle her belly and underarms. She goes nuts! She just laughs and laughs. If I stop, she’ll jerk her arms back up so I know to do it again. If I’m holding her she’ll sometimes fling herself backward (which scares me to death!) so I’ll tickle her then. Her teachers at daycare said she’s started doing it with them as well.

Mia also “talks” constantly. She loves to babble and Mike and I respond as though we know exactly what she’s saying. I received a special Mommy treat from Mia on Saturday. She woke up and started talking to her toys in her bed. When I walked in to get her she was standing up, holding onto the rail. As soon as she saw me she tilted her head to the side, and in this sweet little voice, sighed with contentment, “Nah Nah”. It was one of those precious moments I will never forget. Some of Mia’s other tricks that I keep forgetting to report are giving high fives, giving (open mouth) kisses, flipping off the light switches and standing for seconds on her own.

Mia had her surgery follow-up with the ENT doc last week and he said her ears look perfect. She still touches her right ear a lot, but he said it may be a comfort thing. It occurred to me that I stroke that side of her hair at night when she’s falling asleep, so perhaps he’s right.

No comments: