My Thanksgiving post is a little late, but my sentiments are the same. Never before have I felt as thankful as I did this year. Regardless of what is happening with the economy, we are so rich with blessings. All I have to do is sit in my warm, beautiful home with a full belly and look at my loving husband, happy daughter and devoted dogs to know how wonderful my life truly is. On top of all that we have an incredibly loving and supportive family, jobs, a large network of friends...the list goes on. I thank God each day for the blessings He's bestowed upon me.
Miss Mia had a wonderful day as well. She woke up chipper as usual, crawling all over the place, trying to chase the dogs and looking out the windows. We first headed over to the Robbins' and Mia had her first taste of stuffing, along with mashed potatoes, green beans and turkey. After that we went to the Halls' and she got to play with cousin Cara. It was our first Thanksgiving without Grandma Sarah, and Aunt Catsy suffered a mild stroke and was unable to make it. Mia and Cara were good distractions for everyone. The girls wore matching dresses and spent as much time munching on their shoes as anything. After we left there, we went back to the Robbins'. Mia fell asleep over there and stayed the night with her Mamaw.
I took off work Friday, since we weren't sure what to expect with it being our first Black Friday at MODA. It turned out Mike didn't need me though, and since Carol had Mia, I stayed in bed and read Twilight all day. I actually finished that huge book in less than 24 hours! We had a new sofa delivered that afternoon, a necessity since the dogs have broken nearly all the springs in the other sofa. Mia loves the new sofa. It's a leather sectional and is stiff enough that she can crawl all over it. For some reason she has a ball on it and just laughs as she works her way from end to end.
On Saturday Mike and I worked an event at Churchill Downs for MODA. We picked up Mia afterward and went to Aunt Pat's 60th birthday party. Cara was there so she and Mia got to hang out again. Mia didn't sleep so well that night. She's cutting another tooth - her fourth, the upper left - but she'd also been leaning her head over on her ear, so I didn't know which was the cause. On Sunday she really started feeling badly, so I knew once again it was her ear.
I stayed home from work with Mia on Monday and took her to the doctor. They confirmed another double ear infection - her sixth in her nine months of life. They gave her a stronger antibiotic than they've given her previously and recommended the usual Tylenol/Motrin combo. Her nine month check-up is next Monday, so we will discuss tubes at that time. They are usually recommended if a child gets more than three or four ear infections in one year. They also weighed Mia and she came in at 20 lbs, 11 oz.
Since Mia hasn't been feeling well, she's spent a lot of time in bed with us. She is one crazy sleeper! I've never been hit and kicked so much in my life! She's constantly rolling over, sitting up, pulling my hair, talking, laughing, clapping, crawling around, and - my personal favorite - waking me up by razzing (i.e. spitting) all over my face. I can't help but laugh because she's so darn cute. She's just happy as can be when she's in bed with us! Of course we don't sleep a bit, but when she's sick, it's whatever works for her.
Mia's gotten much more "particular" when it comes to eating. She likes to feed herself and sometimes gets mad and turns her head if I don't let her. If she likes something, she claps her hands together when the spoon gets close to her mouth, usually hitting the spoon and flinging half of it across the room. Conversely, if she doesn't like something, she swats at the spoon when it gets close to her mouth, usually hitting it and flinging half of it across the room. Either way, the dogs are happy. Tonight she insisted on feeding herself so I went so far as to put some baby food in a bowl for her. She was so thrilled about that she decided to flip her bowl over and put it on her head. I think that's a sign of praise in some countries (she's very cultured).
Mia loves to laugh. She is the happiest child I've ever known. She erupts in hearty belly laughs over the most surprising things, like a voice I'll use, or Mike blowing his nose, or the dogs playing together. She thinks she's the funniest of all, and will laugh at herself over and over. She'll splash herself in the bathtub and laugh so hard she'll cough. That will make her splash again and she'll laugh even harder. The girl's a nut. Thank God...she fits right in!
No comments:
Post a Comment