Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Daycare
We had another issue at daycare. Yesterday Carol went to pick her up and Mia was sitting in the floor in just a diaper, crying. I spoke to Tina, the director, about it today and told her Mike and I do not get good vibes from the teachers in her room. I told her there seems to be a huge breakdown in communication and that the late afternoon teacher can never answer any of my questions about why Mia is not wearing the outfit I put her in (did she get sick, have an accident, get food on her, etc.), where her paci is, where her car seat is, where her diaper bag is, what she did today, etc. She’s also crying a lot more when we get there, which I first attributed to a schedule change, then to her ear infection. I told Tina that Mia is a happy baby and it causes me anxiety when I continually find my little girl crying with caregivers that don't seem to know what's going on around them. Tina said they have had problems with the teachers in Mia’s room and she’s been trying to work with them but hasn’t been making progress. Tina actually asked if I’d like to have her moved. I thought her bringing it up was a big red flag that my answer should be yes. I spoke with my co-worker whose children were in the other crawler room and she said she loved those teachers. One of them still babysits for her at home on evenings and weekends. She said when her kids would be sent to Mia’s room in late afternoon (sometimes they combine the rooms late in the day once some go home), she would leave work early to go get them because she didn’t get good vibes from Mia’s teachers either. She said that if Tina offered to move Mia, move her. Tina said it may be a few weeks before they have an opening, but Mike and I have decided to do that. Hopefully it will ease some of the anxiety we’ve felt with her in that room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment