Tonight Mia had her first bath by herself in the big tub. She loved it, and happily played with her toys. Even when I let the water out, she was content to sit there chewing on her bath book.
Mia has always liked to play with my hair. It seems to soothe her, particularly when she's tired. Lately I've noticed her playing with her own hair when she's tired. Unfortunately, she doesn't have enough hand control to do it gently, so she often yanks her hair completely out! The other day she pulled out a big handful while I was holding her and she didn't even flinch. We'll have to watch that. Her hair just started to grow back in!
The swaddle has been gone for almost two weeks now and we've had no problems since ditching it. We still use a sleep sack so she doesn't spend all night trying to get her feet into her mouth. She's very active in bed now. We often find her on the other end of the bed when we go to get her in the morning. We even went in the other morning and found her scooting around on her belly.
Feeding is going well. Mia just loves her prunes! If she does not eat them everyday she gets constipated, so thank God she likes them. We've continued to add new foods to her menu, including some chicken and chicken broth baby food. Peas do not seem to settle well in Mia's belly so we'll come back to those in a few weeks. She likes applesauce about as much as she liked pears, so I've determined it may be a texture thing. That prompted me to start adding her baby food to her rice cereal, in a more lumpy consistency. Usually I add her prunes. I know she likes them and it gives her a new texture. So far so good!
No comments:
Post a Comment