Friday, August 1, 2008

This $hit is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Well, bananas weren't such a big hit. They were Mia's first fruit, and she loved the taste, but clearly the bananas didn't love her back. We went to Aunt Pat's last night and Mia started spitting up, mostly on Cheri. She probably spit up 4 or 5 times while we were there. She didn't take all her 10:00 bottle and I couldn't burp her, usually a sign that her stomach is upset. She went to bed and woke us up around 1:30. Mike went in to get her and she was covered in vomit. We had to remove everything from her bed and completely wash her down. That started a night of puking, removing whatever clothes she had on, whatever we had on, and any blankets, burp cloths, sheets, etc. that happened to be near her at the time of eruption. After a few times we could hear it coming and I'd run her to the sink, sit her on the edge and let her vomit between her legs. As soon as she was finished, she'd look into the mirror in front of her and smile. She had no fever and was fine in between bouts, so our primary concern was dehydration. As the day has progressed the vomiting has passed and I'm now dealing with her upset stomach in the form of pooping. But that's more manageable. I stayed home with her today to keep an eye on her and she seems to be feeling okay for the most part.

No comments: