- Picked up Mia from daycare and arrived home. Waved to our neighbors.
- Went in and let the dogs out. Played with Mia for 10 minutes or so.
- Fed Mia some pears and sweet potatoes. She hated the pears!
- Videotaped Mia eating the pears. Downloaded the video to the blog.
- Put Mia in her bouncy. Saw Kyle, the boy that lives behind us, walk up to my BACK door.
- Opened the door, and he proceeded to tell me that my dogs are running around the neighborhood.
- Looked up and saw Grace running around the court behind us. Screamed her name.
- Grace came galloping over, right into the yard. I had Kyle shut the gate.
- Panic washed over me as I pictured Reese darting across Lagrange Road.
- I grabbed Mia and ran to the neighbors' house. Kyle said he would go look for Reese.
- Banged on the neighbors' door. When they answered I hurriedly told them my dog was out and asked if they could watch Mia while I looked for her. I had spoken to the man once before and had never met the woman, but they looked like nice people!
- I ran to get my car and the neighbor man, Brian, took off looking for Reese also.
- I drove up and down Lagrange Road screaming for Reese, imagining how I would tell Mike our dog was dead.
- I didn't find her.
- I headed back to the neighborhood and - to my enormous relief - saw Brian carrying Reese toward the house. He found her close to Lagrange Road, but all out of breath. Thank god she's gotten fat! He put her down and she ran to the house, eager for water.
- I thanked Brian and got Mia from his wife. We finally made small talk!
- I came in and realized it was time for Mia's bottle. I fed her and she started to fall asleep while eating, something she rarely does.
- I burped her and she started arching her back, a sign of a tummy ache.
- I headed to the kitchen and opened a new bottle of gas drops.
- I gave her the drops and she started to gag.
- Projectile vomit went flying across the kitchen, all across the counters, onto me, my clothes, my shoes, my hair, out Mia's nose, and all over her.
- Because it was coming out her nose, she was scared. I instinctively pulled her to me to let her know she was alright, not really caring about the puke. Of course the aftermath was pretty gross!
- Once she stopped, I carried her to her room, stripped down both of us and headed to the bathroom. We took a nice warm bath, and I cuddled and comforted her.
- Mike came home and got her ready for bed while I showered. When I got out, Mia was in bed, the puke was cleaned up and it turns out he had stopped for one of my favorites - Panera - on the way home. He's now at the store getting a gift card for the neighbors for helping us. What a wonderful man!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Oh, what a night!
So here's how my evening has gone so far:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good lord. Glad the doggies are safe. How is Miss Mia today? Better I hope.
Post a Comment