Well, I spoke too soon. The swaddle isn't gone just yet. In the interest of all of us continuing to sleep at night, I found a compromise and am only swaddling Mia's arms. Her legs are free so she can still move herself around well, but she's not whacking herself in the head or inadvertently pulling her paci out of her mouth. It's working for now so we're sticking with it.
Mia is a big fan of squash and carrots. She also has a sippy cup and can hold it herself, although when the liquid gets low I have to help hold her arms up so she continues to get something out of it. Mia hasn't scooted anymore, but she did play in the pool with Nana, Pawpaw and Emie today and they reported that she was kicking and moving her arms. I'm sure she'll be an Olympic swimmer in no time!
Mom and I took Mia up to visit Missy and Cara last weekend. We had a great time with the babies and we even got in some scrapbooking when they were in bed. Mamaw Carol watched Mia while Mike and I had a very much needed date night on Sunday. With so much going on, we really need those nights to reconnect. Thank you Carol!
My heart just swells when I look at my girl. Her smile can make my heart ache, I love her so much. I will truly do anything to make her smile, and she just loves when Mike and I talk and play with her. She knows we're special people to her, and her love for us has made us fall for her even harder. Mom commented last weekend that I'm so confident with Mia, and she's right. I know how to read Mia and I know what she needs from me just about all the time. I'm not naive enough to believe I'll always have all the answers she needs, but my confidence comes from knowing I love her enough to always keep working to figure it out. She's my baby, and I trust that my love for her will always lead me in the right direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment