Having a baby and leaving her just weeks after her birth was not the scenario I'd always dreamt. I thought I would somehow find a way to be a stay-at-home mom, and I would be the one to show Mia the world, watch her "firsts" and teach her important life lessons. But that's not how things worked out for us, and Mia will be going to daycare in June. She will spend most of her days with someone else and that person will get to watch her explore, teach her important lessons and witness her "firsts". On one level, I am devastated by this. When I think about it too deeply, my stomach knots up and I feel anxiety washing over me. But in reality there is nothing I can do about the situation right now, so I must focus on the positives in our life. I have a beautiful, happy, smart baby girl who lights up my life. I have a courageous, thoughtful, fun, intelligent husband who I love with all my heart. We have an incredible support system of family and friends who love to spend time with Mia (and with us!). I have an interesting, rewarding job, and co-workers that make it fun to return to each day. So basically I can't really complain about much at all, so I won't. My life is wonderful, and leaving Mia each day will only make our time together that much more special.
I have borrowed a camera so here are the latest shots of Mia. I took them myself, while I was holding her. This chair has been our hang-out, pretty much since she was born.
No comments:
Post a Comment