Another major occurrence today is that it's Mike's last day at First Res. His primary job after today will be entrepreneur! He is very nervous, as I would expect, but excited also. I have complete faith in him and in this idea, and I can't wait to see what the next year will bring. Worst case scenario is that the idea doesn't work, we sell off the inventory, move to a less expensive house or apartment, and he has some great experience for his resume. Well, I take that back. The worst case scenario would be if he had this great opportunity and did nothing with it, regretting it for the rest of his life. That would be worst case. So I'm 100% supportive. Who wants to sit around in old age talking about all the things they could have done?
Friday, April 18, 2008
Shaking Things Up
I awoke with a start this morning to my bed shaking back and forth. I sat up and quickly noticed my other bedroom furniture was shaking as well. Although it was dark, I could hear the lamp, picture frames and candles rocking back and forth. I knew immediately it was an earthquake. I didn't feel panicked because it didn't seem like the walls were going to crumble or anything. So I just sat there, listening and waiting to see if it would get stronger. It didn't. Once it stopped I went to the living room. Mike had been asleep on the couch (it was his turn with Mia) and when I got out there he was looking out the door. He hadn't been sure it wasn't a tornado, although he was saying he hadn't heard any storms. We checked on Mia and went back to bed. Once we got up for the day an earthquake was indeed confirmed, a 5.2 on the Richter scale. The epicenter was in Illinois, over 160 miles away. What an interesting start to our day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment