
- Miss Mia hasn't been feeling well this week. No more screaming since we switched her to soy formula, but she has had a few bouts of diarrhea and has lots of gas. She doesn't sleep comfortably and is very worn out. Mommy is getting there too! I took her to the doctor yesterday and I will have to watch her for dehydration. They think it may just be a stomach virus, or a result of switching formulas. Since I'm reading The Secret, I'm not entertaining their other option of colic.
- I met with the lactation consultant on Wednesday and told her my milk supply is decreasing, not increasing from the supplements as we'd hoped. She was so sweet and told me that whatever my body is doing is what's right for Mia. She said I've done everything I can do, within reason, and that I've made more of a commitment than many mothers would have. She also commented how well Mia latches on and how comforted she feels by the experience, even though she isn't getting much milk. She said she obviously enjoys that time with me and I could always continue to put her to my breast as a comfort and bonding experience, regardless of the lack of nourishment. She made me feel really good.
- We are gearing up for a big snow here tonight. I look forward to hanging out with my wonderful husband, perhaps making a fire and drinking a glass of wine. I find myself very eagerly anticipating a romantic evening with him. It's been FAR too long!!
No comments:
Post a Comment