- Grandma Sarah was in the hospital last week with pneumonia. I didn't go see her until Friday since I'd been sick. I didn't want to give her the stomach stuff also. When I did visit on Friday, she was released. She stayed the weekend at Mom's house.
- Yesterday my vomiting and other stomach-related issues were back. I was in bed most of the day.
- Today I've been very emotional. I've been worrying that I won't love the baby enough, or that my life will only consist of changing diapers, feeding a child, or cleaning once the baby comes. I'm afraid of losing myself - and my marriage - by becoming a mother. What if I'm so tired I'm no longer fun? What if Mike and I become so focused on the baby we forget about each other? I know people do this everyday and manage to be okay, so I'm sure it will be fine. But today I have struggled with those little doubting thoughts.
- I finally ordered a crib. After speaking to numerous mothers, I decided to go with something less elaborate and more functional. I'd been trying to decide whether to get one of those cool convertible cribs that the child could potentially use into its teen years, or just one that I can use for a couple babies and be done with. The moms were nearly unanimous in saying to just get something good enough for now, that I'd want to get something girly or boyish later on anyway. So I got a very basic crib that should be delivered in a week or so. Hopefully I'll like it once I see it in the room.
- My asthma was also acting up this week. I called the OB and she said that starting in January they will want to see me every week for an ultrasound and appointment. They'll need to make sure the baby is getting enough oxygen.
- Mike and I skipped our prenatal class last week. The instructor sucks and we have left early twice because she drives us crazy. This past week was about basic childcare (bathing, diapering, etc.) and I reasoned there are plenty of people who figured these things out without ever attending a class, so we'll manage. This week's class will be about nursing, and I'm trying to decide whether to go to this one, or just go to the one offered by my OB. I'll probably opt for the OB.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good choice on the crib . . . we struggled with this as well and ended up making the same decision as you guys!
Love you - super Mommy to be!
Amy Robinson
Post a Comment