Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Update

  • Mike's brother Chris married Jenny on October 27. The wedding was held at Otter Creek. It was decorated beautifully. I wish the weather had been better for them (it started drizzling during the ceremony) but it was still a wonderful time. Mike was the best man and looked handsome as ever. I even danced a little bit!
  • October 27 was also the birthday of Missy, Ronda and Susan. Happy Birthday girls!
  • I worked two haunted houses for work last Monday and Tuesday evenings. My feet swelled a little bit, but it was so much fun seeing all the kids, especially the babies.
  • Mike and I went to Dad and Sue's for our annual trick-or-treat and chili evening on Halloween. Sam wore a pig mask of Dad's and Emie was a punk pirate.
  • Last Thursday was our first prenatal class. They reviewed natural births. Mike and I both found the videos of actual births to be a little scary. I look forward to the epidural and c-section discussions next class!
  • Mike and I have "decided" on Mia Marie or Ethan Michael for our little Bean. Of course we reserve the right to change our minds once we see the baby. I still think the Bean is a boy, but I think it would be so much fun for Missy and I to have the same sex baby.
  • My only craving so far has been for chili and grilled cheese. I can't even count the number of times I've had that combo the last few weeks. Some days it's both my lunch and dinner.
  • My asthma has been bad this week. It's causing me to be very tired but not allowing me to get much sleep. I have an inhaler that helps and I will see my allergist tomorrow.
  • I'm still trying to decide on paint colors for the house. I'd like to have the first floor painted before Showerpalooza, which will be held here Thanksgiving weekend. I'm so afraid of picking colors that will not coordinate well, or will not give the house a calm, serene appearance. In the past I've chosen colors that I thought I'd like, but once they were on the walls I didn't like them. With our vaulted ceilings we have to pay someone to do the great room, so that's the room that's causing me the most problems.
  • Likewise, I am also having trouble deciding on baby furniture. Twice I thought I had it picked, but changed my mind. First I was thinking I'd get an entire set that I loved and that the Bean could potentially use up to his/her teenage years. Then I thought I'd just get something this baby and the next could use, but didn't concern myself with anything beyond that. Now I'm thinking I'll get a crib and changing table with drawers, and not worry about a dresser. Once we have our second baby we'll need to get new furniture for the Bean anyway, so I'll do something more elaborate then.
  • I have my OB appointment on Friday and we will do a glucose test. Hopefully I will not projectile vomit the syrup like my poor sister!

No comments: