Thursday, October 11, 2007

Appointment Recap

Well, everything is going great! As usual, the little Bean would not sit still, so it took quite awhile to get a reading on the heart rate, but we finally measured it at 135. My uterus measured 21 cm, and it should be one centimeter for each week of pregnancy, so it's exactly where it should be. I've gained a total of 15 pounds so far, and the doc said that's great, so I'm going to postpone my freak-out. She also said women typically have a "growth spurt" right about now, so it's okay to gain a little more at this time.

I had several questions for her, most of which I will not recap here, but one was about the baby's movement. Since I'm not sure how all my organs have shifted and where everything is now located, I told her I'm afraid all the movement I've been feeling is just gas and not the baby. So she informed me that my intestines have shifted up and I'm so large up top because of all my constipation. If I feel movement up high, under my breasts, that is gas. So I showed her all the areas I feel movement, down low and in the center, near my belly button. She just smiled and told me every area I pointed to, all below my belly button, is the Bean. Then I just cried, because I feel A LOT going on below my belly button. It was such a relief and a very special moment for me, because I feel my baby so much more than I even thought.

No comments: