Monday, September 3, 2007

Birthdays and Grandmas

This weekend was filled with Birthdays and Grandmas. Grandma Ruby had open heart surgery on Thursday to repair a valve. She was doing remarkably well and we went into the weekend very optimistically. However, Saturday night they had to move her to ICU. She had 6 pounds of fluid on her lungs and has developed pneumonia. As of today she is more stable, but I am still very worried about her. I'm also worried about my Dad and Sue, as they are worn out from the physical strain of spending so much time in the hospital and from the concern over Grandma's health. I went to the hospital today more to spend time with Dad than anything. I didn't even get to see Grandma. Please keep her and the rest of the family in your prayers.

Yesterday we celebrated Grandma Sarah's 90th birthday. We went on a riverboat cruise with the whole family and she seemed to really enjoy herself. It was nice to see the family and I think my Mom did an incredible job coordinating the event. It was a very nice afternoon.

It was also a very special day for my baby daddy. Mike finally joined the rest of us and ventured into his 30s. In addition to the celebration for Grandma, Mom also got a fabulous strawberry and cream cheese icing birthday cake for Mike. He got lots of cards and attention on the boat as well. Afterward we went out for sushi with his family and stuffed ourselves until we were sick. I pitched in with Reese, Grace and the Bean and got him a PlayStation 3 to keep him occupied this winter (in between making food runs when my cravings kick in!). Mike has not looked forward to this birthday and did not want a fuss made over this birthday (I think he believed he could stay 29 that way), but overall he enjoyed himself.

Happy Birthday Baby!!

No comments: