As far as nausea and gagging go, I had a really good weekend. Friday I went to see Grandma in the hospital before coming home. She may have to have valve surgery and they are performing a cath today to see if bypasses will also be necessary. She is really scared, so please say a prayer for her.
After leaving the hospital I met Mike at PF Chang's for a yummy dinner. We then went to Best Buy where I purchased a Playstation 3 for his birthday...his 30th birthday (old man!). We came home and had a nice evening without any nausea on my part. The Zofran is starting to become stronger than my sickness. Nice!
Saturdy I awoke with energy, so I took full advantage. I set up a workout area in the basement. I unpacked maternity clothes that I've received from friends and replaced much of my closet with this more comfy wardrobe. I spent the afternoon on the couch after exerting so much energy, but ventured out for dinner at a new sushi restaurant that evening. I retired early when I felt the nausea approaching.
My first thought when I awoke on Sunday was that I needed to go to the grocery. We haven't been since coming home from Tahoe, and our cupboards are bare. I made a list, but started feeling puny before I could get out of the house. I've come to realize that as long as I eat every 2 hours I am okay during the day. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get to the grocery before the 2 hour mark, so the nausea came knocking. I decided to wait until I felt better to go, but it just got worse. Finally around lunchtime Mike and I decided Long John Silver's was our best option - because nothing makes your stomach feel better than batter-dipped fried fish! As soon as I finished eating I realized my terrible mistake. I felt worse, but it was my stepdad's birthday and I had to get over to his party.
I finally forced myself to get ready and I headed to Walgreen's to get a card and gift bag. I ended up sitting in the Walgreen's parking lot for quite awhile with my head hanging out the window, gagging. After getting his present at Dick's, I arrived at the party about 2 hours before it was to end. I had a nice time though. It was good to see his family and catch up.
No comments:
Post a Comment