Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The weekend

Well, we made it through the weekend with no heart attacks from our parents. Mikey got a Father's Day present from the Bean, "Your Pregnancy for the Father-to-be." He's actually already started reading it. Hopefully it will help him deal with all my anxiety and moods!

Father's Day was also fun at Dad's house, with Missy and I showing off our new baby bodies in our bikinis. We had Sue take pictures of us so we can compare them to how we will look in Destin July 4 week. I can't imagine I'll post those here, so don't hold your breath!

Just about everyone at work now knows I'm pregnant. I'm not particularly close to anyone in my office, so it was actually kind of weird to tell them. But my Service Excellence co-workers (who I'm closer to anway) were thrilled for me. Tracy was especially excited. She's my director and friend that I roomed with last week in Orlando. We spent four days last week talking pregnancy and babies and we were both so caught off guard by all this! So it was extremely fun calling to tell her.

I found a site that shows pictures of other women at various weeks of pregnancy. So far, I'm looking pretty good in comparison. Let's hope I can stay that way!

1 comment:

Becca Jones said...

Dawn & Mike, CONGRATS! We are SO excited for you guys. How awesome! I know you are just beside yourself. I am sure you've already went out and bought all the baby books, but the one I found most useful is "Your Pregnancy Week-by-Week". It describes everything that is going on. Also, the "Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" is hilarious and so true! Good luck with your pregnancy! I can't wait to stay updated on the latest developments of Baby R. :)