We went to the doctor this morning and had an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a 5 week sac, but no baby. The fact that there is no visible baby with a 5 week sac isn't unusual, because a 5 week baby isn't usually visible. The unusual thing is that all this time I've assumed - based on a last period of May 6 - that I'm a lot further along than 5 weeks. So either our baby stopped growing and will eventually abort, or I ovulated really late and am just not that far along. When I got home I looked up my online period calendar again and found out I've been very off in my calculations. My last period was actually April 29, which would put me in my 9th week. So that makes it even less likely that our baby would be only 5 weeks. It is more likely that it has stopped growing and I will miscarry.
When I left the doctor's office, she said there is a 50/50 chance of a miscarriage. My bleeding is dark, so it's old and not new. That was good news and was a positive to focus on. But I haven't spoken to her since I discovered the big difference in menstrual cycle dates. I'll keep you posted.
3 comments:
I love you.
I'm a friend of your sister's and just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and thinking good thoughts. Perhaps you DID ovulate really late. Do you usually ovulate fairly regularly and timely?
Take care.
No, I don't usually ovulate regularly, but this would have been so late it doesn't really seem likely. Guess I'm just trying not to get my hopes up at this point. Thank you for the support though.
Post a Comment